Friday, October 17, 2008

Internet=a little faster but Graham still wants to cry

Hello all,
I am doing very well. Wait that what I said last post. Lets give them the truth Griff. Ok

I am still doing well (see itís a different sentence). With Graham here his has figured out loops to get a little faster internet which has dad happy. There is now 5 laptops as we have one, Graham has 1, Rose has 2 and Ilse has 1. We are so westernized. The PE teacher at school is not running a good class if you know what I mean. Sally and Rose have moved to the hoteli just while Graham is here. School is quite easy and I have brought my textbook in to class because they are teaching stuff I learned 2 years ago. And it is completely the opposite in Swahili where they are way ahead and I am just reading a teach yourself Swahili. Riding our bikes to school has been a great success and we have almost been able to make it up all of the hilly path. Lots of marbles are played around the school yard and we have some marbles but have not yet brought them out. SOON!! We go through soda like nothing here because it is so hot. The days seem to be getting hotter and hotter and then the next day it will rain and when it rains it RAINS! We took Graham for his first trip to Tang and we will be going again on Sunday. For a swim and shop. The fan is your best friend and it sucks when the power goes out. I have found it quite easy to sleep through the Mosques late prayers. Other people have been up most of the night because of it. My movie is coming along nicely. For those of you who have not read my last post i am entering a Guardian contest for your best home video and i am doing mine on Muheza. For more info go to www.theguardian.co.uk/canonfreecording . The camera looks pretty nice that you can win. I am picking up a little bit of Swahili but it is a very complicated language. I know the most for my family so everyone uses me to translate. Lately we have had a break from Catan but I am looking forward to a great game tonight. Sadly we are not going to b able to post pixs on the blog until Graham and Sal and Rose go home to some faster internet. It would take all night if we did it here but we will send home a big disk with them which they can then transfer to the blog or email out. I have been told that ˇou are a very good keeperî a couple of times. I would like to thank Bobby Stankov and IKC(island keeper clinics) for getting me here. Lots to do here. Graham is going to cry because he has not had internet this slow before. Talk soon. G

No comments: