Sunday, December 14, 2008

Things in and around Muheza


In the case of the punch buggy I got everyone on no punch backs. Simon was to busy taking photos of the car so I have to give him credit for the photo and Mom and Dad just don’t have the cat like reflexes like I do but I have to admit we are were a little late to start having not done it in a while.
We are just returning from a day in Tanga where Mom and Dad were on rounds at Bombo so Sy and I were off to our usual Mkonge rotation of Breakfast, Soka on TV and Schoolwork. We for the first time got to watch a Champions League game from start to finish. The first one was Lyon vs. Berlin in the champion’s league and arsenal vs. fc Porto also a champion’s league game.
As you can tell Mom is now back Jet lagged see was but is now getting back into the sort of routine. We had a 4-day weekend because of a Muslim holiday and Independence Day so that came a t a perfect time. She has brought back tons of reading material so none of us have been talking to each other at all over the last week.
I hate to tell yah this but I am already bored of being out of school. It was just starting to get to be a part of my daily routine when it ended. I will just put it out there that it is not fun with a bugging brother, relatively easy but sometimes challenging math, heat and 6 weeks with no summer camps. I now it sounds fun but I found that after the first week or so I was deadly bored. I know I know it sounds unreal but it is true.
Mangoes and Plums are now ripe and it looks like carrots and cucumbers are going out of season. Bananas are still going strong as I like to say as well as tomatoes, onions etc.
For all of you corresponding with L and A we are having serious problems with the downloading of emails. And no we have not just fallen off the map. I am trying very hard to fix it all as it is very slow and Ben is away in the Serengeti so there is no real computer technician to speed it up. We are really bummed about this and we will try to stay in touch.
There seems to be water rationing going on in Muheza as we cant tell but from the schedule, which is in Swahili, we either have water on Tues. and thurs or no water on those days and just to throw in another problem our water pump was on its last days and choose the best time to give out so we even f we had water had no water which caused great hassle and the using of the dreaded shower bag just to keep cool. Thankfully the fixing process took less then 30 min when we finally had someone go out and buy the new pump but all together it could have been a lot longer.
We are now starting to get a steady stream of letters and snail mail and now just before Christmas Parcels. Keep up the good work on the mailing front. It looks like most things from NA are about 2 weeks.
Anyway that pretty much summed up what we have been doing lately. Christmas is coming and you wouldn’t know it here. Ha-ha
g

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Griffin! Love reading your blog. Hope you guys are having a wonderful Christmas in Zanzibar. Miss you and love you lots.

Shauna, Bill and Greg