Sunday, September 7, 2008

Update From Wales

Thank you all for leaving your comments. It has been a very nice way to here what you think of my blog. I have tried to keep it update when ever possible, but who knows if it is going to come to a abrupt stop when we get to Africa or if, with much help from Rose, we could still update from Africa. As most of you know I was in charge of collecting all the technology that we would need on the trip. As I was doing this I received a lot of help from many people and would like to say thank you to some people.
First I would like to say thank you to Dan Nevin who helped set up the laptop with the right operating system and some on the GPS and Video Camera. Jane Eert you helped me figure out how a GPS really worked and got the necessary maps I would need. Lukas Blakk (Rose's Daughter) who helped set up the blogs and a torrent download site. Bill Marsh and Shauna McGarvey who helped out picking the right portable hard-drive, Patrick Baud who helped set up the email or "gmail" and Graham who set up many things like the transferring of files from our big computer to the laptop, Rose who is in the process of setting up internet in Africa and The people of Future Shop, Staples and London Drugs for supplying all the goods I would need. I hope I did not forget anyone.
If I did I am very sorry.

Today was Sy's Birthday. He got many things will probale tell you about them on his blog. Today the very neat thing I did was go horse back riding with tilly and we skyped with 5 different family's. Please leave you Skype address on the comment board so I can add you. Bye for now.

g

2 comments:

LeFrank+Neate Clan said...

Hi Griffin
it was so cool to skype with you today - funny faces and all! Glad that could happen on Sy's birthday so we could sing that classic song.
You look pretty darn cool on that horse. And the waterfall is amazing - it's hard to tell what is water and what is fog.
Enjoy and look forward to more photos and tales.
Love and hugs -
Deb and gang

mcmars said...

Have fun on your way to Africa. Can't wait to read your first impressions!! love, s & b